Recently I’ve been thinking that I need to put more time into skincare (getting closer and closer to that big 3 0 really gets your butt into action!). I really wanted to try a hydrafacial and epi-blading. So I sent out an inquiry email to a skin clinic for more information on their treatments. Literally the very NEXT DAY I receive an email from another skin clinic, YouthLab, asking if I would be interested in trialling a hydrafacial. I must have been putting the right vibes into the universe and they picked up on it haha.
Darlings, if you are like me and are a complete skin treatment virgin then you’re probably asking “what on earth is a hydrafacial?!” Let me explain:
- Your lovely dermal clinician will cleanse your skin.
- A little handpiece is used to apply a serum containing lactic acid and then run all over your face. I didn’t find the process painful at all – it felt rough on my skin but not painful.
- Next a gentle acid peel containing glycolic and salicylic acid is applied. This helps to exfoliate the skin and loosen clogged pores.
- Following the peel, the handpiece then turns into vacuum mode and sucks all the rubbish out of your skin! Alison showed me the water afterwards and I could see all the gunk + blackheads floating around…anyone else love gross stuff like that? 🙋♀️
- The last step involved a beautiful serum infused with antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid was massaged into my skin. Alison reapplied until my skin was full of goodness and stopped soaking up the serum.
Et voila! You are good to go OR you could go another step further and opt for the LED light for further rejuvenation (and apparently it can help prevent bruising if you are getting injections!). The LED light is a warm, yellow light that you lay under for 12 minutes. I legit started dozing off haha.
So what are the benefits of treating yourself to this beautiful facial? One session will remove an awful lot of gunk + congestion from your skin plus you walk out with a radiant glow. Keep coming back for more and you will start to see a reduction in fine lines, sun damage + brown spots.
The biggest thing I noticed after the treatment was my radiant glow! I came home and had a good look at my skin in the mirror. Very happy to report that lot of congestion on my chin has been sucked away *ciao gunk 👋🏼*. My nose area looks a lot clearer too. I am really happy with the results of one session. I am oh so keen to have a hydrafacial every month 🙏
Let’s give a big shout out to my dermal clinician, Alison! What a gorgeous person! She explained every step of the facial and what benefits it has for my skin. During my consult Alison examined my skin, asking about my skincare routine (basically non-existent) and what products do I use (the few Priceline quality skincare I owned is now in the bin :P). After the hydrafacial she recommended I try the Cosmedix brand. It’s an organic range so I will be sampling some products and if I like the results I think I’ll do a blog post about it further down the line 🙂
I took before and after photos so you can see the results for yourselves! Please note that my skin is a little flushed in the after photos due to my skin being more on the sensitive side so anything slightly abrasive brings on the flushed look but the redness went down within an hour.
Overall I LOVED my first ever skin treatment experience at YouthLab and I am so pumped to come back for more. I just want to throw a massive thank you to YouthLab for having me and giving me + my skin the best experience 💖 If you’re a Perthite looking for a fabulous skin clinic, hit the brakes on your search and book yourself in!
Next on my To-Try list is epi-blading! Who has tried it? Do you love it? I’m obsessed with the idea of having a peach fuzz-less face!!
By the way darlings, as noted at the beginning, I was contacted by YouthLab to come in and trial the hydrafacial. I did get this treatment done for free but haven’t been paid to write this post. I really want to stress that everything written is MY OWN THOUGHTS and I genuinely loved this treatment and will be going back for more xoxox