Hey hey ๐Ÿ™‚

Alrighty, prepare for a long post with loads of pics ๐Ÿ˜› I didn’t end up getting time to continue posting while I was in France so I have this post and one more ย and then normal makeup posts will be resuming hehe.

I think I have to say that Nice ended up being my favourite city. Not because of the buildings per say but because of the atmosphere…and the ocean was PERFECT! I actually went swimming…TWICE IN ONE DAY. I paddled around in the gentle water then sun bathed for a bit and when the sun and rocks started to roast me I went back in. Best beach experience. Absolutely loved the beach in Nice…except the rocks, I didn’t like the rocks because they were uncomfortable to lie on and hurt your feet when you walked on them but I liked that there was no sand anywhere.

Another reason why I liked Nice so much is due to being with two very cool ย people Carmen and Mario…every other city I went to I went to alone but in Nice I went with these two and it was cool exploring the city together ๐Ÿ™‚

I most definitely will be going back to Nice when I go back to France.


Train station at Toulouse…waiting for my train to Nice


One of the 9 trains I travelled on! Heading down to Nice (it took 7 hours!)

I arrived in Nice around 3pm. I first went to the tourist office to pick up some maps of the city. I found the tram station easy enough and I got off at the right stop…and then it went downhill from there. I was expecting our host Sebastian to be there waiting for me….as he had done the same for Carmen and Mario. Since I was expecting to be picked up I hadn’t bothered to look up directions to Seb’s apartment! I had no idea how to get there on my own…

I spent the next two hours crossing the road a million times and trying to borrow people’s phone so I could call Seb. Asking to use someone’s phone in Australia is hard enough, everyone looks at you so suspiciously…try doing it in a city where everyone I spoke to didn’t speak English haha.

Eventually I saw a nice looking lady and thankfully she spoke some English and figured out that I needed to borrow her phone. I called Seb and asked him to come get me….well then I had to wait another HOUR because I couldn’t see him! Turned out we were on opposite sides of the road ha. So he was waiting for me and I was waiting for him!! We eventually saw each other. I was so relieved and happily gave him my luggage and collapsed in the car.


Pizza on my first night in Nice

That night Sebastian and his wife took us three to an amazing pizza restaurant. We all ordered a pizza EACH! All of them were so delicious and perfectly cooked. Mario, Carmen and I shared a Nutella pizza which was heaven. I forgot to take a photo of it ๐Ÿ™

I was exhausted from my 7 hour train ride so went to bed around midnight and everyone else followed.

Day 1:ย 

I got up around 10am and started getting ready for the day. Sebastian and his wife heard me up so they got up and prepared breakfast for me! A nice sugary, fattening breakfast…perfect! I had just finished eating when Carmen and Mario got up. ย They were fed breakfast and then we all got ready to go explore Nice.


A lovely, sugary, fattening breakfast provided by Sebastian and his wife. Yum Yum!


First stop was to buy a big juicy watermelon!…good thing we got it cut in half because Carmen immediately dropped one half on the ground and it was totally smushed! haha. Mario’s half made it to the beach unharmed


Making our way down to the beach


What a bizarre idea, putting rocks on a beach! It wasn’t very comfortable ๐Ÿ˜›

I looked like a burn victim after laying on the rocks

I looked like a burn victim after laying on the rocks for some time!




Whilst sun bathing on the beach we spotted a water fall high up on a hill. So after a few hours in the sun we made up way up the hill….took this photo about half way up…the stairs were killer ๐Ÿ˜›


Finally made it to the water fall. The spray from the water was so cool and refreshing. I wanted to jump into the water


The water fall is actually man made. It was made back in the 17th century!


A sea of orange


Cute little toy cars. I want one


After that big climb up the hill we were in need of some food. We found this cute little crepe cafe.

Creme Marron crepe (Chestnut cream)

Creme Marron crepe (Chestnut cream)

Chocolate frozen yoghurt

We finished our crepes and then Carmen wanted frozen yoghurt. She has a mild obsession with frozen yoghurt. I hadn’t tried it before…but once I did…well I am now obsessed also!!! So much nicer than ice cream! I got chocolate frozen yoghurt

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for clothes…Carmen’s back pack was stolen on the train to France so she lost all her clothes and didn’t have anything to wear out dancing. We went into so many stores trying to find a dress for her…typical, when you want to find something you never can ha!

Seriously creepy child mannequins in shop window!

Seriously creepy child mannequins in shop window!

We went for a walk along Promenades des Anglais…hoping we might find some more clothes stores but it was just all hotels and restaurants. It was around 8pm so we went looking for a food store to buy ingredients for dinner.


Sunset along Promenade des Anglais


The Seven Statues of Massena Square:
These seven characters represent seven continents and the communication between the different communities of todayโ€™s society. The name of this creation is โ€œconversation ร  Niceโ€. Plus, the statues are illuminated every night, colors are changing smoothly to emulate a dialog between them



Angry turtle! This little guy kept trying to eat my finger while we were making dinner!

After dinner Carmen and I got ready to go out. I did her makeup again ๐Ÿ™‚ I kept my makeup really simple….just mascara and red lips.

Ready to go out and dance with Carmen :)

Ready to go out and dance with Carmen ๐Ÿ™‚

Carmen and I at High Nightclub

Carmen and I at High Nightclub

We left the house just before 1am. Sebastian walked with us to make sure that we found the right bus stop. We got into the city centre around 1.30 and then walked around to find a place to dance. I had found 3 places on the internet and marked them on the map. The first place was so quiet and small so we walked out straight away. We went and sat on some steps overlooking the port and we talked and drank wine ๐Ÿ˜›

After our feet were nice and rested we got up and attempted to find High Nightclub…after what felt like an eternity, we eventually arrived at the club. Great thing about France, they don’t check ID. So at 2.30am we just walked straight into the club and pushed our way through the crowd onto the dance floor. We weren’t dancing long before we went to the bathroom and on our way out of the bathroom we saw a door off to the side of the dance floor…we went through it and found ourselves in a small room full of people dancing to really cool music! We spent the rest of the night dancing in this room as it was more of a bar feel rather than crazy nightclub ๐Ÿ˜›

We left around 5am and walked (hobbled) to the tram stop. We weren’t the only people waiting for the tram. We struck up a conversation with a German guy and an Italian guy. The tram was running late and didn’t arrive til just after 5.30am (good thing the weather is so warm in France so we weren’t cold!) On the tram there was a guy smoking weed and singing songs really loudly. There was one song that everyone knew and so we all started singing with him! There we were on a tram at 5.30 having a sing along and some guy smoking weed…his reply to someone questioning why he was smoking weed on a tram “EVERYONE SMOKES IN FRANCE”. hahaha

We arrived at our stop and the german guy and a group of backpackers got off too…they were English (think loud and drunk but super friendly). We were all headed in the same direction. A loud bunch we were. Walking the hilly streets of Nice at 6am…complaining about having to walk up the hills ๐Ÿ˜› Carmen and I split off to go to our apartment and immediately got lost! I had to do the shameful thing and take my shoes off as the blisters were getting the better of me ha. And so we wandered the streets until eventually at 7.30am we found Sebastian’s apartment!! In we snuck and went straight to bed!!

Day 2:

I woke up at 9am (yay for 2/3 hours sleep), Sebastian and his wife prepared breakfast again. I then spent my morning relaxing while I waited for Carmen and Mario to arise. We spent half the day in the house. I sat on the lounge Facebooking and watching soccer with Sebastian.

In the afternoon we went for one last wander of the city. We spent hours walking through shops, buying presents for family/friends and exploring “Old Nice”.


On our second day in Nice Sebastian made a delicious looking pasta dish for himself and his wife and then he saw our begging faces so he gave us some ๐Ÿ˜›


Three (not so great) opera singers…really getting into the hand gestures and facial expressions…


Last day in Nice

One last photo at the beach

Strawberry frozen yoghurt

Stopped in for another frozen yoghurt…this time strawberry frozen yoghurt

Me and Mario! (Photo by Carmen)

Me and Mario resting our aching feet! (Photo by Carmen)

A glimpse of the Russian Cathederal that we wanted to visit but it was closed

A glimpse of the Russian Cathederal that we wanted to visit but it was closed! We spent over an hour trying find this place and we missed it by mere minutes ๐Ÿ™ Carmen was very sad


Sunset on our last night in Nice. It was beautiful.

I had to be up at 4am on the Sunday morning as I had an early morning train to catch. It was so dark! Carmen very nicely got up with me and said good bye then off I tottered into the darkness with my backpack and suitcase. I thought I knew how to get to the tram stop…but then the street signs did it again (they weren’t the same as on my map!!) so I was standing in the middle of an intersection for some time trying to figure out where to go. It was dead quiet, dark and my imagination was starting to get the better of me…did someone mention zombie attack??…but then I saw a couple walking down the street and I sidled up to them hoping they weren’t murderers and asked for directions. I didn’t have much time left to get to the tram so I tried to walk really fast…try that with a heavy backpack and suitcase and going up and down hills! My calf muscles were cramping so much it was so painful and I was so out of breath ๐Ÿ˜› A black car drove past me and then 10 minutes later drove past again, this time slowly and a the window was down. It was a guy and he drove along side me asking in French if I wanted a lift….I couldn’t say “no thank you” fast enough…and hoped that he was nice because with my cramped calves I wasn’t going anywhere fast haha. But he just said ok and drove off.

I reached the Train Station in time, found my seat and at last I could breathe again ha.

photo (1)

I had to change trains twice on my way to Beaune…

Nice to Marseille

Marseille to Lyon

Lyon to Beaune.

Another 7 hour train ride. I was super tired though and I didn’t have anyone sit beside me so I slept most of the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Well that’s the end of my adventures in Nice! I could keep writing and writing about my thoughts and the sights but then the post will be even longer so I have tried to condense it a bit haha.

So my next post will most likely be a tutorial but I will post about Beaune and my last day in Paris soon!!

Love Chloe xx

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like


  • Reply
    October 2, 2013 at 1:43 pm

    Great to read you again ! Nice is beautiful, I remember going there with my grand pa for the flower festival when I was a child ! Lovely photos ! thank you.

  • Reply
    miss Collyann
    November 7, 2013 at 3:22 pm

    You have really nice face!

    • mm
      November 8, 2013 at 1:05 am

      Thanks miss x

    Leave a Reply